Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a non governmental, non-partisan, non-religious and not-for-profit organization whose goal is the “promotion of gender equality, Peace and sustainable development in Nigeria”.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Project Coordinator
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Education / Teaching
Summary of Job
The Education Officer will be responsible for the overall management of Education field activities in Borno state. S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all the education activities, including leading and coordinating TaRL program and systems support activities. The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management. The position reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Oversee the implementation of all NENTAD education activities in Borno State in formal schools.
- Oversee training, coaching and on-going support of teachers, tutors and learning facilitators in order to improve instructional practices in education program and PSS.
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities related to teacher education and curriculum development, and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed
- Oversee the selection of learning facilitators and tutors for the intervention and contribute to tools for selection such as assessment tools.
- Oversee the initial training of learning facilitators, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to supervisor, senior management, project partners and donors.
- Under the guidance of the Education Coordinator, provide technical supervision and guidance to Education Officers and TaRL Trainers as required.
- Promote the quality of teacher education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- Lead integrated state and LGEA, SUBEB, and SBMC technical working groups and steering committees pertaining to teacher education, curriculum and assessment.
- Work closely with consultants as needed to ensure effective implementation and quality content.
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Other: Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop GEPaDC programs.
- University degree in education; advanced degree preferred.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming
- At least one year of experience related to teacher professional development.
- Experience working with displaced or otherwise marginalized communities required
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in representation and liaison with external actors
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
In collaboration with the Field Team, M&E coordinator and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific the organization’s capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with team, project Coordinator and Donor and consistency in protocols, information and reporting system.
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data and share with focal person monthly.
- Collect and authenticate all information sheets (beneficiary lists, registration forms, distribution lists, and others) for delivery of Education services;
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners.
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating humanitarian emergency response programs, with an organisation with a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with International or National NGO.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for Education and protection projects
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document)
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Creates a strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 years
Job Field Project Management
Summary of Job
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator who will work with program teams and successfully implement project activities under a project which is directed at increasing quality education service delivery and PSS in inclusive and sustainable manner in formal schools. The position entails overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the project as a Project coordinator.
The Project Coordinator will be primarily responsible for organizing and conducting activities, budget management and logistics, and reporting, managing a project assistant. S/He will also contribute to the design and strategic development and management of subsequent projects, and to representation, conducting meetings with a variety of stakeholders, including peer organizations, donors, and government officials.
The position holder advises the SMT on program needs, strategies, staffing issues, local context and dynamics. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the SMT and closely with the project team, M&E team and the support unit.
- Ensures proper, timely implementation of project activities, taking into consideration partner capacities, the operational environment and potential security issues, and based on the principles of inclusivity and do no harm.
- Ensures effective application of results-based management methodologies;
- Monitors and manages the projects’ costed work-plans, preventing delays and maximizing cost-effectiveness;
- Keeps abreast of context developments and drafts regular context updates to steer project activities as needed; and
- Ensures all donor and internal reports are submitted within the given deadlines and to the expected quality standards.
- Develop and implement a costed work plan for the project;
- Coordinate and arrange all logistics for various meetings, and workshops, including invitations, venue, participants travel and accommodation;
- Work closely with the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Manager to monitor and track project’s progress and draw out results, success stories and lessons learned;
- Work closely with the Communications team to capture the stories and highlight the outcome and results of the project;
- Ensure that the project meets all its deliverables on time and the expected results are of high quality;
- Develop and nurture relations with relevant state, NGO, religious bodies and other stakeholders at the national, regional and state level;
- Analyze the context within the scope of the project and provide inputs for regular context updates;
- Writing and producing reports that include but not limited to context updates, monthly reports, quarterly reports, success stories, and case studies
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Provide the necessary financial guidance for financial request for community/LGA level activities
- Work with the finance team to complete retirement and financial report
- Produce activity and monthly reports
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in social science, arts, development studies or related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and/or advocacy;
- Fluent communication skills in English and Hausa
- Past working experience in the project state with other similar organization
- Good computer skills (MS office application)
Other Relevant Requirements
- Resident in Borno state is an added advantage
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Familiar with the Common Ground Approach
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below